Wednesday, February 20, 2013

When I Nearly Drowned




          When I was three years old I almost drowned.  My family and I were swimming at my neighbor’s house.   My mom was on the side of the pool sitting at a table talking on the phone to my dad.  My sister was on the deep side of the pool.   I was all by myself on the small end and no one was watching me. 
          I had a blow up floatie frog around my waist that was open in the back.  I leaned back and fell out of my floatie.  I started kicking my legs and moving my hands trying to get up out of the water but I couldn’t.  My mom saw that I was about to drown and she dove in the water to save me.  I remember feeling my mom pull me up out of the water.  I could hear her say she was never going to leave me alone in the water again. 
          I am a good swimmer now, but I still don’t like being alone in the water. 

Posted by: Orange Leaf

No comments:

Post a Comment