Monday, February 11, 2013

Basketball Whoa Hoo!



 The night of my first basketball game, in my whole entire life, I was so excited!! It started out so good, but there was a big trouble. It was the 4th period of the game. There was 20 seconds left. The score was 11 to 12. It was the other team’s ball. We were all running towards the other side of the court ready to defend the ball. We raised our arm high up in the air. The big crowd shouted “defense! Defense! DEFENSE!” My team started to go up to get the ball. I was the only one who was in position when the other team threw the ball to their team mates and started running towards me. Now I was the only one who could stop him.

I was frightened. What I should do, oh what should I do?

Just then I heard the crowd say “Stop him! Block him!”

I thought for a second. That’s it! I will block him!

While he was coming, I was remembering why I got in basketball in the first place. When I was 8years old watching a basketball game for the 2012’s champion ship between Kentucky and some other team. After final game was finished, I thought doing basketball was awesome. That’s why I started basketball.

I started to think that I could do this. I stared at the ball for 3 seconds then I got ready and I jumped up and swatted the ball out of his hands.

I did it! I blocked him! I couldn’t believe my eyes. Just then the buzzer went off. We won we won by 1 point. I high-fived my team mates and we all shouted “YYYEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!”

I will never forget my first basketball game.

Posted by: Alien Spaceship 100

No comments:

Post a Comment