Wednesday, March 20, 2013

For the Win!


I will never forget my first basketball game at Kentucky Basketball Academy.  We had been practicing for weeks and deep down I knew I was ready, but I couldn’t stop feeling nervous.  This was my first game and I didn’t want to mess up. 
 
 All I heard was my mom screaming, “Go Christopher Go!!” Someone on my team passed me the ball.  As soon as I touched the ball, a player from the other team smacked the ball out of my hands and he stole it.  The referee called a foul because he hit my face when he was smacking the ball.  They let me take 2 free throw shots; I missed the first one but made the second.  
It was now the other team’s ball.  They came dribbling down the court and their player made a 2 point shot. Now, they were up by one.  That is when I really started getting nervous. 
 It was our ball and there were 3 minutes left in the game.   We were passing the ball back and forth to each other to run out the time.   Finally with 30.1 seconds left, my friend Lucas shot the ball!! SWOOSH!!!  He made the shot and we won by 2!! I couldn’t believe it!!  We had won our first game and we all went home happy.

The end

Posted by: Bling Bling Boy10


No comments:

Post a Comment