Monday, December 10, 2012

Famous Kentuckian: Harold PeeWee Reese



Hello, my name is Harold Reese.  I was born on July 23, 1918 in Ekron, Kentucky.  Carl Reese was my dad. I was married to Dorothy Walton and I died on August 14, 1999 at the age of 81 in Louisville.   Although I am very small, I did not get my nickname PeeWee from that.  My nickname came from a kind of marble because I was a champion marble player.
I was a famous professional baseball player. However, because I was so small, I did not start playing baseball until my senior year in high school.
My best friend Jackie Robinson was the first black Major League baseball player. The Dodger’s paid me $75,000 to play for them.  I was the caption of the Dodgers and I liked it and I liked to win games. I was a ten time all-star player. I scored lots of runs for the team. I played short stop.  I was so good I made it to the hall of fame. One Thing I would do differently is to swing more.

I was also in the Navy and I fought in World War Two.

Posted by: Packers3

2 comments:

  1. my grandpa used to talk about pewwee rees but i didn't know who he was talkign about till now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Packers3,
    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete