Monday, December 17, 2012

Famous Kentuckian Loretta Lynn




         
Hello, my name is Loretta Lynn.  I was born on April 14, 1932 in Butcher Hollow, Kentucky.  My parents were Clara and Melvin Ted Webb.  I was married to Oliver Mooney Lynn and had 6 children.  I am still alive. I am a famous country music singer and an author. I have written lots of songs like “You Ain’t Woman Enough” and “Coal Miner’s Daughter.”
Some interesting things about me would be that I have a famous sister named Crystal Gayle. I had a movie made about me in 1980 called “Coal Miner’s Daughter.” And I was in The Grand Ole Opry for 50 years.   I became known as “The First Lady of Country Music” and focused on every day women’s issues. I was the first country music female to get a number 1 hit called “You Ain’t Woman Enough.”
                 Two of my famous quotes are: “Nobody’s perfect, the only one that ever was, was crucified.” And “Tears are words that the heart can’t express.”
 Posted By: RainbowGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment